Welcome
Login / Register
[an error occurred while processing the directive]

Quick-thinking Dog Owner Saves Jack Russell From Choking

[an error occurred while processing the directive]

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

URL

You disliked this video. Thanks for the feedback!

[an error occurred while processing the directive]
Sorry, only registred users can create playlists.
URL


Added by Admin in Dogs puppies
12 Views

Description

This is the moment a quick-thinking man saved his dog's life -- by performing the 'Heimlich manoeuvre' on the choking pet.

Electrician Joshua Aspey, 22, sprang into action when Jack Russell Sally choked on a piece of cheese and started to fit.

Former lifeguard Joshua used skills he learned for his poolside job and thumped Sally on the back and chest to dislodge the blocked food.

He saved his pooch's life and the whole thing was captured on a CCTV camera set up in the kitchen.

Joshua, from Watchet, Somerset, said: "I heard her paws scraping on the tiles so I turned around and saw her fitting.

“I just started to smack her on the back and shook her head up and down to try to bring it back up.

“I shook her head back and forth and the first piece came out. There were two lots of food in there.

“I put my fingers down her throat to get the second bit. Seeing your dog doing that is horrible. My dogs means the world to me.

“I grew up with them and they are all I have known. They are part of the family. I used to work as a lifeguard so have had the training on what to do if someone is choking.

“We were taught to thrust on someone’s chest or hit them across the back. She is a nightmare for scoffing food - it’s just what she does.

“It was just instinct but was definitely scary. I was panicking.”

Before he was an electrician Joshua was a lifeguard so knew exactly what to do to help the ten-year-old dog.

It happened after Joshua dished out small pieces of cheese to all three of his dogs - including border terrier, Mickey and Border Terrier cross Jack Russel, Daisy.

But “greedy” Sally ate too much cheese too quickly and began to choke on lumps of cheese.

Thankfully Sally recovered soon after being filmed on the ground by a CCTV camera in Josh’s parent’s house.

By Jack Longstaff

Dog owners warned killer parasite lungworm is spreading across Britain:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9053853/disease-kills-dogs-lungworm-spreading-britain/

Elizabeth Hurley 53 dazzles fans as she cuddles new puppy in a shimmering bikini:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9065808/elizabeth-hurley-cuddles-puppy-bikini/

Bizarre animal pictures capture humans who look just like their dogs for memory card game:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7178269/humans-look-like-dogs-memory-card-game/

Dog owners could be fined £100 for walking their dog on the beach this summer:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/6185860/dog-owners-fined-walking-beach/

How you can take your dog on holiday with you without biting into your budget — plus find out how to book a bargain £9.50 break with The Sun:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8133851/take-pet-dog-on-holiday/

From Brexit breaking news to HD movie trailers, The Sun newspaper brings you the latest news videos and explainers from the UK and around the world.

Become a Sun Subscriber and hit the bell to be the first to know

Read The Sun: http://www.thesun.co.uk
Like The Sun on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesun/
Follow The Sun on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheSun
Subscribe to The Sun on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/discover/The_Sun/1633225139

Post your comment

Comments

Be the first to comment
RSS
Your SEO optimized title